Ask yourself this question – how well do the people in your life really know you and vice versa?
Vulnerability doesn’t always come easy to everyone, especially for those who fear both commitment and intimacy.
The typical questions are important to the extent that they can provide further insight into who you are and what your values are.
After all, it’s not uncommon to find that when asking someone how well they know you, you get a variety of different answers.
Since we all want to believe that others know us as well as we think we know ourselves, this can leave us feeling as though we do not truly know who other people are either.
I’ve come up with 100 ‘how well do you know’ me questions, divided into two categories – for couples and friends.
This should help deepen the existing bond you have with your loved ones, as well as give you something to discuss.
How Do You Play ‘How Well Do You Know Me’?
The premise of this game is that when a question is asked, both sides have to answer the question.
Once the first question has been asked, both parties can write down their answers.
Once you’re both done, you can show your answers to one another and see if you’re both right!
The questions can be about anything: favorite food, favorite color, and even relationship status.
The questions are usually pretty tame but you can ask more personal questions if you want to get more in-depth with your partner or friend.
While you can use this to test someone’s knowledge of you and vice versa, remember that this shouldn’t define your relationship or friendship with someone.
Just because you don’t know some things about one another, doesn’t invalidate the strength of your relationship.
You can, however, use these as a conversation starter or even as a drinking game at a party!
60 ‘How Well Do You Know Me’ Questions for Couples
- How long does it take me to get ready in the morning?
- If you could choose a career for me, what would it be?
- When was the last time you told me “I love you”?
- When and where was your first kiss with me?
- Do I have any phobias? Which ones?
- What would I do if I won the lottery?
- What was the last thing that made me cry?
- How old was I when I had my first kiss?
- Where did we go for our honeymoon?
- When was the last time we went on a vacation together and where did we go?
- What was my first impression of you?
- Who said “I love you” first?
- What is the one thing that I can never compromise on?
- Why did I choose this career path?
- What am I insecure about?
- What do I eat when no one else is watching?
- What was the last book I read that I couldn’t put down?
- What is my idea of a perfect day?
- What was the most recent concert I attended?
- Am I a morning person or a night owl?
- Do I like to plan things out in advance or make it up as I go along?
- Which past relationship of mine has been the most important one and why?
- Do you know what I love to do when I am alone?
- Can you guess what is my worst habit?
- Do you remember the first thing I said to you?
- Where does my family come from?
- How many miles do I usually run per week?
- What was the first meal I ever cooked for you?
- How long have we been married or dating?
- Who is the person that I looked up to the most growing up?
- What is my favorite food and how often do I eat that specific food?
- When the weekend rolls around, what is the one thing that I look forward to doing more than anything?
- Out of everything in the world, what makes me the happiest?
- Would you describe me as a religious person? If so, what type of practices do I follow?
- What was the very first job I had? How long did I have that job?
- What’s something that always cheers me up when I’m sad?
- How do I handle my anger?
- Between the two of us, who is better with money?
- How many birthmarks do I have?
- What do I find hilarious but most people don’t find funny?
- What is that one event that has changed the course of my life?
- Would I rather have a lot of money and not talk to my family or be poor but be close to my family?
- What do I want to do after retirement?
- Do I like public displays of affection?
- How many people have I dated before you?
- Do I think men and women can just be friends?
- What do I think is the greatest weakness in our marriage or relationship?
- How did my last relationship end?
- What is the worst date I have been on?
- Do I like store-bought gifts or handmade ones?
- What do I love to do, but never admit in public?
- Do I finish my work ahead of time or procrastinate?
- What is my favorite outfit of yours?
- What do I wish we could do more?
- Do I believe in saving or spending?
- What wouldn’t I be willing to do for a million dollars?
- When do I get into the fight mode and when into the flight mode?
- Which unconscious gesture reveals that I feel uncomfortable with the situation or conversation?
- What are my favorite baby names?
- What is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to me?
50 ‘How Well Do You Know Me’ Questions for Friends
- Do I have any allergies to anything?
- Who is the person that I looked up to the most growing up?
- What is the one goal that I have in life that I would like to accomplish more than anything else?
- Who is my favorite current celebrity?
- How old was I when I had my first romantic relationship with someone else?
- What is my favorite clothing style? If the weather is appropriate outside, what do I always wear?
- Out of everything I do, what is my biggest talent?
- If I had a pet growing up, which one was my favorite?
- What is the one thing that I will always put off if given the choice?
- If I had to choose, who would I like to go on vacation with the most?
- How many times did I move before the age of 18? What house was my favorite?
- What was my favorite class growing up? What was my least favorite?
- How old was I the first time my parents let me stay home alone?
- If I were going to order a pizza, what toppings would I put on it? Do you think I would be able to finish the entire thing on my own?
- How old was I the first time I had an alcoholic beverage? What was that beverage?
- If I were going to choose a superpower, what would my superpower be? Do you think I would use my powers for good or evil?
- Would you say I was good at making friends as a child? Why do you think people liked me?
- Have I ever spent time overseas? If so, where was my favorite destination?
- How do you think I would react if I or my significant other got pregnant right now?
- During high school and college, how many boyfriends and/or girlfriends did I have?
- What is my zodiac sign? Do I believe in what my zodiac sign says about me?
- Who was my very first girlfriend or boyfriend? How long did that relationship last and why did it end?
- When I wake up in the morning, what is the first thing I usually do? Is there anything specific that I have to do immediately?
- Did I ever have an imaginary friend as a child?
- Do I believe in Heaven and Hell? How about purgatory?
- If I could go back in time, which age or moment would I choose to revisit?
- If I could spend a week in the future, how far ahead would I jump?
- What is my biggest regret from a failed relationship?
- What am I most self-conscious about?
- Have I ever had sex in a public place? Where?
- How old was I when I attended my first funeral? Who was it for?
- What was my high school experience like?
- Did I ever catch my parents having sex?
- Was I closer with my mom or my dad when growing up?
- Have I ever drank so much that I blacked out?
- Have I ever ridden a motorcycle? Was I in the back or was I driving?
- What does my morning routine look like?
- What do I love the most about myself?
- How do I imagine the perfect game night?
- Would I be a Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, or Hufflepuff?
- How do I feel about putting pineapple on pizza?
- What was the worst situation I ever laughed in?
- Would I rather date a stupid or ugly person?
- What childish thing do I still enjoy?
- What would the exact opposite of me be like?
- If I could own anything, what would it be?
- If I won the Nobel Prize, which one would I get?
- What was my worst breakup?
- Do I like meeting new people?
- What are my love languages?
When it comes to relationships and marriage, and friendships, there are many questions that can be considered.
Some of these questions include how well do you know me or how well do you know about me.
These questions are important because they help both partners understand what the other person is feeling and thinking.
In addition, these “how well do you know me” questions also confirm how much both parties know about one other.
Even if knowledge about one another isn’t the foundation of a relationship, it’s still fun to know what you know and don’t know!
Also, these questions aren’t just for couples and spouses alone, but they can also help ignite and deepen a friendship.
After all, a best friend relationship is just as important as the one you have with your significant other.